If you want to reduce your energy costs, the 2015 Farm Energy & Water Efficiency Realization (FEWER) and Rural Business Enterprise Grant (RBEG) programs can benefit you! The programs provide energy audits, renewable energy assessments and incentives covering 75% of the total project cost of qualifying energy or water saving projects, up to $25,000 per farm/business.
The programs cover the cost of the following services:
- Energy audits provided by EnSave
- Preliminary renewable energy assessments
- Cash incentives for qualifying equipment (up to 75% of total project cost with maximum of $25,000)
- Project installation support
- For projects exceeding the $25,000 financial assistance incentive cap, the Suwannee County Conservation District, through its vendor EnSave, Inc., can work with you to access additional financial assistance through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and Rural Development
The programs are offered on a first-come, first-served basis with limited funding, so call Suwannee County Conservation District at (386) 362-2622 ext 101 or 121 today to get started!
The FEWER and RBEG programs are joint efforts of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Suwannee County Conservation District. Some restrictions may apply.
For more information about the FEWER and RBEG programs or to apply download the program application, flyer or F.A.Q. below.